Monday, February 28, 2005

Good news! I've got a job! Completely out of the ...

Good news! I've got a job!

Completely out of the blue and without even having to audition (my favourite kind of job). The job is with The Pimlico Opera on the Sondheim musical, Assassins. I am playing the part of John Hinckley.

The Pimlico Opera specializes in full scale prison productions. Yes, you read it right the first time - prison productions. Basically the project consists of putting on a show in a prison with a cast made up of part professional actors, part inmates. Read more about Pimlico Opera

I was called in at the last minute as one of the cast members dropped out and I have at the time of writing this been in rehearsals for one week. Next week is tech week and we open on Friday!

It is an amazing experience working with the inmates. I will go into more detail about the production and my experiences over the next few days, but right now I am simply to tired...

But geez... It's nice to get a job...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home